Friday, November 4, 2011

Mommy Duties

So being a mom is hard. Really hard. I don't think I was ever prepared for just how hard it is. I keep looking forward to the day everyone tells me it gets easier, whenever that might be. My little one is almost 12 weeks...so hard to believe!! He is growing so much and gets cuter and cuter every day. He is smiling all of the time and has started trying to laugh. He has a blast on the kick and play piano mat we just got him, which is so much fun to watch. These are the things that make all of the hard work worth it.

Lack of sleep is the biggest obstacle. I have had a couple of full nights sleep thanks to grandparents and my wonderful hubby, but apparently I need more. Sometimes I just break down from so little sleep and I feel terrible for complaining and it makes me feel like a terrible mother. I know I'm a good mom though and I just have to remember that.

He is getting bigger and wigglier so some things are getting more difficult. Diaper changes...not too bad but getting harder. He is getting heavier. It is getting cold so we have to start putting him in winter clothes which means more snaps.

I do absolutely love being a mother though. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, and also the most difficult. Just because it is hard does not mean I don't love it. I feel extremely proud of myself for the things I have overcome so far. I love my little man so much. I really need to remember how fast time flies and soon I will miss this.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great! You definaitely inspire me! Im so excited and so nervous about my little ones arrival and all to aware of the difficulties I will have to face but I just know how worth it it will all be! Keep going you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete