Thursday, February 3, 2011

First post!

Hello everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog. This is my first post of hopefully many. I have tried this several times before and failed to keep it up. This time will hopefully be different. I wanted to create a blog specifically about my experience with pregnancy. This may seem like nothing special, but I am pregnant and have arthrogryposis. This may end up not being any different from any other pregnancy. We will see.

Before I even started trying, I searched the internet for information on pregnant women with arthrogryposis. I could hardly find anything. I want to do this so that maybe I can help someone like me one day understand a little more and know what to expect. This will also be a great way for me to just look back on the experiences (good and bad) of my pregnancy.

Currently I am 9 weeks pregnant. Morning sickness: check. Heartburn: check. Moodiness: check. Insert pregnancy symptom here: check. Whew, I give props to the moms out there. This is way harder than I ever imagined. It will all be worth it though. My husband and I are just over the moon excited. I had my first ultrasound and Dr's appointment last Friday. Everything looked great. Heartbeat was 172 which the doc said was a really good sign. Just a note: my doctor's name is Dr. Storck!! (pronounced stork) Oh yeah how cool is that. Anyways, the appointment went great...up until it was time to give endless amounts of blood for tests. Lets just say an hour and a half later I had several bruises from being stuck with no luck. I have tiny, invisible veins. I HATE giving blood. My next appointment is March 8th. I am sooo excited.

So...that's where we are today. I hope you enjoy. I am not much of a writer, so hopefully I won't bore you too much. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment