Monday, June 20, 2011

28 weeks

Wow, a lot has happened in one week. Some good, some bad. Let's start with the good.

I had my 28 week check up last Thursday and it went great. Baby is doing great. He is healthy and right on track. It was also my glucose tolerance test. I passed. YAY!! I did find out that I am a bit anemic, and had to start taking iron supplements. No wonder I have been so tired. Other than that, things are going great. My feet are pretty much constantly swollen, but I can handle that. He has been moving around like crazy and the movements are becoming more and more visible and powerful. I absolutely love it. Also, I weighed this morning, and it turns out I have gained 20 pounds! Wow. I am trying to not think too much about it. As long as baby is healthy, I am happy. I will get back into shape after he is born. :)

So last Thursday I also received some very shocking and bad news. The division of the company that I work for was sold. I now work under new leadership, benefits, and policies. This means so many things. This is not great for someone in the middle of a pregnancy. I am fairly organized and quite OCD, so change can definitely rattle me. I have had everything set and planned for my pregnancy and maternity leave for some time now. I planned on taking 12 weeks off, and still do. I had saved up all of my paid time off to help pay for that. Now, that is mostly gone. I'm hoping the new company will provide us similar time off. Also, I will have completely different insurance, which I am very uninformed about, so I do not know what that will mean for me. I've already paid for my pregnancy through the old insurance, so I'm not sure if I'll have to pay more or not. We haven't met to discuss everything yet. Basically the old company sold us off and have nothing to do with us now. I am very disappointed and really thought the company I worked for actually cared about their employees. I feel like they should have given us a heads up and not just threw us out the way that they did. I was able to introduce myself and my concerns to our new CEO, who is super nice. He has assured me I will be taken good care of. I know God will take care of me. He never puts us through anything that we can not handle. I have to have faith.

So that is was is going on right now. I now am going to the doctor every 2 weeks. I am excited for my 32 week appointment because then I get another ultrasound and get to see my little man again! I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment