Monday, July 11, 2011

31 weeks

31 weeks and hello 3rd trimester woes. It is amazing how you can go from feeling great to not so great so quickly. Tomorrow I go in for another ultrasound. I am so excited to see him again, and this time he will be so much bigger so we can maybe see some of his features. Oh I can't wait!

So, as far as how I'm feeling, it has been very come and go. My hormones are nuts, the back has started hurting pretty bad again, I've got a lovely pregnancy waddle going on, my face has been breaking out like crazy, the swelling has gotten worse...haha, sounds fun huh? I remember when I first started researching pregnant women with arthrogryposis, I found a small article about how one lady found it hard towards the end to drive. I have been wondering about this and now that may happen for me too. I am only 5'0, and because of the arthrogryposis my arms are very short. I was lucky to never have to have any adjustments to my car. The steering wheel is getting pretty close and it is becoming uncomfortable to drive. My work has approved me to change my schedule to 7-3:30 so that my hubby and I can ride in together when  it starts getting to be too much. I am grateful for that. I am going to try to work as long as I can.

I think the nesting has started a bit because every chance I get I am working on the nursery or house. I have to take frequent breaks because my back starts hurting, but it is fun. I am so ready. The hubby brought home a training baby and I have been practicing changing diapers, swaddling, and putting on clothes and such. Come on September!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a training baby i've never heard of that! But dressing baby etc has been on my mind too as my hands and arms are affected im sure I will find a way but to get chance to practice before baby arrives sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm still going to be super nervous when I'm really doing it, but everyone says your are more comfortable with your own baby, so I hope that is true. Super excited for you! I see you are 12 weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know what you mean im pretty sure we will find our own way but it's still pretty nerve wracking!! My friend has Arthritis and her hands are affected in a similar way to mine although for a different reason but she has just had her baby and manages just fine in her own way so im sure we will get there. Yes Im 13 weeks tomorrow we had our 12 week scan yesterday and baby is doing just fine such a huge relief! Im so happy and excited!

    ReplyDelete